Monday, November 22, 2004

Make Your Mark!

How will you make your mark in this world?

Did you ever ask yourself: what would be remembered of me, when I am gone? Well, here is a thought. I sometimes ask myself: would the world remember that I ever existed? If not, I might as well not live!

Politicians belong to the group of people that will certainly be remembered, although not for good reasons, mostly. Actors and actresses, too. But again, not my cup of tea. How about scientists and geniuses like Newton, Einstein and Edison? Well, I think when they enrolled me in first grade, they figured they couldn’t expect me to discover gravity!

Once I heard there is a woman in Nova Scotia that has adopted three ‘special needs’ kids. I watched her interview, I cried and I envied her very much. Not because they gave her an interview, but because she will be remembered as the greatest person on earth by her own kids.
Last night, I went to watch the award ceremony for the 'volunteers of the year'. Many of us have been receivers all of our lives. When is it time to give back and make a difference? no matter how small.

That was when I realized it doesn’t matter how many people will remember me, but what they remember me for. I don’t want to be remembered for a genius brain, for a political fight or for my glorious role in a movie. I want to be remembered for my courage and big heart for those who may not even know my name. That's how I hope I can make my mark.

Once someone said: life shrinks or expands in proportion to your courage. It takes a lot of courage to have a heart.

1 Comments:

At 10:35 a.m., Blogger Trinity said...

you said my mind was creative.... well hunny your mind is simply beautiful!
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home