Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Life, Work and Madness!

My back hurts. Boxes must have been too heavy for me to lift. Ten more days before I have to move house (well, apartment, tiny apartment).

Farid thinks I am tired for no reason. Well, the reason is that I feel everyone wants a piece of me these days! Two coworkers want me to edit their resume. Karlene is mad at me for missing the field trip meeting last week. Shahab is probably mad at me for not returning his phone call, by now! Keyvan wants me to clean up the basement (my apartment) as soon as possible and I need to write a short report on my meeting with the Director of Development at Ryerson. I am meeting Professor Tadd Homer-Dixon this afternoon for the same reason. So much negotiation is involved when you want to establish a scholarship!

BTW, my French classes start tonight.

My parents put an offer on a house last night (finally!) and I heard this morning that it was rejected! As my dad puts it, “buying a house is not like grocery shopping”!

My review at work is coming up. Who wants to bet that I will be fired? Good news is that at least I passed my graduate course. Are marks above 75 ok? My expectations have lowered a lot since undergraduate days!

Last Saturday I went to OT3 (my graduating class) reunion at (of all places!) O’Grady’s! It was fun. It brought back a lot of good memories. Laila, after a degree in Engineering and one in MBA, has finally decided to become a teacher. She told us a lot about her experience with underprivileged kids (mostly pregnant or parent teens) in Toronto. Suzanne said that Charles broke up with her on her birthday last year (what a jerk!). Some said that Ravi and Andrea are dating now! Natalie is again back with Brian and she will soon become a permanent resident of Canada. Catherine has a met a fellow from Brazil and is moving to his country by the end of the month! Laila and Tim are planning their wedding, as well. I told them about my “Niagara on the Lake” idea and they liked it. Well, at least somebody will get married on the lake!

On Sunday I went to my Liberal Riding Association meeting. They are putting on the gear for coming up election. I might take over their canvassing this year.

I miss Mona. Unfortunately I am absolutely poor right now and cannot afford a ticket to Vancouver! I miss Sahar too. I don’t think I will ever afford a ticket to Tehran! Lat week I had a dream about Elnaz and Golnaz and since I don’t see me flying to London anytime soon, I think it’s time they traveled to North America.

Two good girlfriends (29 years old) are getting married in June. So happy for them. I need to start dress shopping, I guess!

Does anyone know how you can help a smoker quit? I mean a very heavy smoker! Can anyone suggest a reading on “addictive personalities”? I need to help a friend of mine get his normal life back. It’s kinda urgent. I am afraid I will wake up one day and hear that he has turned into a chimney!

In my next post, I will write about the crazy guy that I met on the bus last week!



4 Comments:

At 10:03 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good morning Sky,

This is God visting your weblog for I am your Lord and I have decided to have mercy uopn my mortal subjects for a while. If you want me to visit your site again, you should follow my commands. Specially, make sure that the house you are moving in is not infested with leprosy. In any case, you better ask a priest to clean it acoording to MY holy rules before you move in:

"But if the priest comes in and examines it, and indeed the plague has not spread in the house after the house was plastered, then the priest shall pronounce the house clean, because the plague is healed. And he shall take, to cleanse the house, two birds, cedar wood, scarlet, and hyssop. Then he shall kill one of the birds in an earthen vessel over running water; and he shall take the cedar wood, the hyssop, the scarlet, and the living bird, and dip them in the blood of the slain bird and in the running water, and sprinkle the house seven times. And he shall cleanse the house with the blood of the bird and the running water and the living bird, with the cedar wood, the hyssop, and the scarlet. Then he shall let the living bird loose outside the city in the open field, and make atonement for the house, and it shall be clean." (Leviticus, 14)

Take care for now and worship no God other than those whom have been certified by Microsoft.

May the meek inherit the earth.

Amen.

 
At 11:05 a.m., Blogger Azad said...

Those who communicate with god through my weblog are blessed and go to heaven.

 
At 4:19 p.m., Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

My dear Sky,
Smoking, like any other addiction, needs serious treatment. Talk your friend into going into a clinic and getting help. Wish you both the best ...

 
At 9:22 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Free personal counseling and nicotine patches and any other possible help to quit smoking is provided by NHS in your borough.

Send him to London ;)
He will also be able to find steam trains running in Oxfordshire and Cotswald if he was gasping for some old fashion smoke!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home