Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Another Backpacking Experience!

Last year this time, I was backpacking in Europe (mostly on the weekends). I really miss packing light, arriving with no confirmed place to stay and walking all day!

So I am packing my bags tomorrow and heading for the bus station. I will arrive in Ottawa sometime in the afternoon and start my journey. I want to watch the Canada day celebrations and also visit the Canadian War Museum, The Currency Museum and perhaps the Contemporary Photography Museum later in the afternoon. I will probably stay at University of Ottawa residences overnight and come back either on Friday night or Saturday afternoon.

Yooohoo! I am already excited! I will back my tooth brush, sun block, some shampoo and soap, a bottle of water and of course, my digital camera.

The good thing about a bus ride is that I will have some time to read some of the books that I bought a few months ago.

Anyone who wants to tag along is welcome.

I will post some cool pictures when I get back.

5 Comments:

At 10:51 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Please change your orkut album photos as well ;)
They now look so like last year !!!

 
At 10:54 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

It appears that Otawa hasn't got much to offer, otherwise you wouldn't have to go to the war museum. It probably is very low by any standard.

I suggest the Imperial War museum in 'Elephant & Castle' and also the War Experience museum near the 'Tower Bridge'... Sorry, all in London ;)

 
At 11:18 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

ha ha ha funny

Ottawa war museum us actually pretty famous.

 
At 3:34 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

You know how we often have a low opinion of the colonials ;)

hahaha

 
At 3:40 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun in Ottawa Sky,

I am sure you'll have enough fun there not to worry too much about the War Museum. To be honest with you, I had never heard of it before!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home