Wednesday, June 08, 2005

C’est pour le son du musique

I was at Alleycatz on Saturday night for Noushin’s birthday. The band unpacked their instruments and started playing around 9:30. The tall girl was singing some of Aretha Franklin’s songs:


when my soul was in the lost and found
you came along to claim it
i didnt know just what was wrong with me
till your kiss helped me name it.
now im no longer doubtful of what im living for
and if i make you happy i dont need to do more

cause you make me feel
you make me feel
you make me feel like a natural woman


I watched as her voice flirted with the mike and her body’s movement added sound effects and sensation to her performance. Her hands were hovering around the stem of the microphone most of the time as she stroke it up and down with a gentle touch. Sometimes she moved one hand toward her own hair, neck and chest. It was evident that although her eyes were open most of time she didn’t want to see. In fact she couldn’t even hear as she had become all music. She sang from the bottom of her heart.

This is how I felt too each and every time I have performed or recorded a song. Sometimes even in my own solitude as I sing the Angel, I take a deep breath, close my eyes and I become one with my song, and that's a divine experience. At least for me, the only divine experience!

Last night I sang in French for the first time. I had kept Celine Dion’s French album in my drawer since I was 18. Now that I can read French, I thought it was time:

J'ai tant besoin de toi
Que j'invente des images
Je joue avec tes yeux
Quand tu n'es pas la
J'eclaire la nuit
Je colore les nuages
Et ton visage
Ne s'efface jamais

Dans les rues de mon coeur
Dans le soleil
Et dans l'ombre
Partout je te vois
Dans le lit de ma main
Dans tous mes reves
Ici, partout
Je ne vois que toi

Ce que je veux te dire
C'est que le temps serait triste
Oh, si tu t'en allais
Pour plus de quelques heures
C'est parc'que tu m'aimes
Que je vis et que j'existe
Parc'que tu m'aimes
Que je n'ai pas peur

Je ne veux pas
Que quelque chose nous separe
Je ne veux pas
Que tu te perdes loin de moi
Je ne veux pas
Que quelqu'un d'inconnu
Passe un jour par la
Et te prenne a moi

J'ai besoin de toi
Je ne vis pas
Je ne vois que toi
Je ne suis rien
Sans toi

Je te vois partout

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home