Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Romance

What is considered romantic to you? I have always asked myself what happens that we behave romantically or unromantically in different situations. What is the significance of romantic gestures in a relationship?

Romantic gestures that I have dared to show in the past include organizing a surprise birthday party, taking him out to a fancy restaurant, asking him out to a concert that he likes, cooking a meal or getting him a little gift (without an occasion) that he could really use. (different boyfriends throughout the years)

My most favorite romantic gestures of all include sending flowers to my office, cooking me a nice dinner, stealing a picture of me to keep in his wallet, getting me a birthday present and renting a car just to take me out to a nice restaurant.

Looking at what we usually consider romantic, they are all easy and small, but they can soften the rough spots of a relationship very easily. Of course, different actions may seem romantic to different people.

Tell me about your favorite ones.

Is showing romantic gestures our way of saying that we are happy? Is “not being romantic” our way of saying that we want out? Or maybe we just need to be reminded of these facts every now and then.

For all of you out there who have a special someone in your life, get off your butt right now and plan something nice to show your affection. (and tell me about it later!)

3 Comments:

At 8:26 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...get off your butt right now and plan something nice to show your affection...", and contribute to cosmis entropy.

 
At 8:53 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Hi Jackal,

What's up?

 
At 10:47 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

wonderful! how did you figure out?

Nothing really; just heading to the pub with some old friends (Behshad & Sara Rezaei, do you know 'em?)... how are you doing?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home