Friday, July 29, 2005

My Biggest Problem!

I was born standard!

My parents are normal educated people with an average life. They are nice, polite, hard-working and kind.

I grew up with normal dreams and a logical attitude. Everything in my life has always made sense.

I have always had logical standard reasons for every thing that I have done in my life. I think, I analyze and I conclude.

I think I am a problem-solver. I always shoot for the real cause, study the cause, find solutions and pick the best practical one.

I make logical and practical decisions and live with the consequences. I have standard practical expectations.

I love helping people and I love people who love helping people! I love peace and I hate war. I believe in good deeds, human rights, honesty, equality and kindness. So, I have standard values. I love hard-working and smart people and I hate lazy people who want to cut corners. I even have standard likes and dislikes.

I like a healthy life, I care about my friends and my family, I love arts and I read books. I hate liers, selfish people and hypocrits!

Good things in life make me very happy and bad things make me sad.

I do what a normal 26-year old in my city does: I have a job, I have ambitions and I pay my rent.

I fall in love with a person who loves and respects 'me and my values' and shares my likes and dislikes. When I fall in love, I dedicate my time and my heart to the person that I love and I expect the same from him. I like making a commitment and I take a commitment seriously.

I make logical arguments and I am easily convinced by valid reasoning.

My biggest problem in life is that: I only understand standard logical people!

10 Comments:

At 6:17 p.m., Blogger LT said...

You are far away from being average and normal! Trust me! And thank God for that! Who said everything in your life make sense?!!! ;)

But I can see your point. The problem with me is always choosing a safe path. I am too cautious. Sometimes life calls you to jump! To see beyond all these safe covers! To not judge by the appearance. But can we do that? Sometimes I think I am just a coward, hiding behind all these covers. As long as I act as everyone approves, I am safe! But I am also running the risk of never doing anything special in my life! I risk losing all the adventure and being left with the boring ordinary life.

What made you right this? I was waiting for you to write something like this!! This post was brilliant Bahar! I am very proud of you!!! While reading it, one feels the soul of an extraordinary person beyond the words. What made you write this? It was great!! Would you please post it for the yahoo group too?

ps> I love your beautiful thoughts! Keep writing!

 
At 8:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

You should be a wonderful person, from your posts; but there is one thing that makes your latest post bitter, There are two many "I"'s in it. It would be alot of responsibity...

 
At 12:34 a.m., Blogger Azad said...

"Good things in life make me very happy and bad things make me sad."

I liked this line particularly, cause the rest of the world (including myself) would believe that good things in life make them sad and bad things make them happy! :-)

 
At 1:46 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Azad,

That's exactly my point! I am very standard. War is bad. War makes me sad!

Some may think you can make money from war. So a particular war makes them happy.

Leili joon, love you honey. I will write another comment later explaining what I meant by this post.

 
At 3:32 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't catch your points! Sorry though!!! As far as I can tell, good things make people happy and bad things make them sad/frustrated/disappointed...!! You are a normal/usual person..ok!!! No argue with that!But please describe what abnormal and unusal people would do!? They don't become happy when having good incidents or they don't become sad when losing something!? Then they are just freaks!^^

 
At 7:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, trying to understand arbitrary and irregular behaviour is a bit difficult darling. You are a problem solver and that's a blessing, not a problem!

Why are you trying to inflict other individuals problems on to yourself?

 
At 8:34 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

What I have tried to say is that I think I am very easy to figure out.

I always thought being standard meant that most people could relate to you.

That was a big mistake. More and more I can see that most people cannot communicate in a standard way.

Why so much miscommunication?

 
At 8:38 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

The best relationship I have ever had was with a great guy that I met overseas.

Being from two different countries and backgrounds, we never thought we could communicate so effectively in the standard language of "common sense".

Never fought, never argued and sometimes didn't even need to discuss metters. We just knew. Common sense ruled.

He lives thousands of miles apart from me now.

 
At 10:08 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

At first, it did not seem like a romantic post but all of a sudden, you switched to your relationships!!
What's going on?

 
At 10:24 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

It wasn't intended to be romantic.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home