Thursday, July 21, 2005

Small Person, Big Ego!

Plans to visit garbagetown didn’t quite work for me!

The State of The Art landfill and treatment facility in Hamilton had invited us for a visit. So we planned the trip for today and were supposed to drive the Ministry’s van to the location.

This facility apparently has leachate treatment system and composting unit for industrial non-hazardous waste.

Being so interested in waste management, I was really looking forward to this visit! And who knew that the Ministry’s van (the new one) had only 4 seats instead of 7!!! I’d like to know you had approved that purchase! Stupid gas-guzzling machine!

Anyhow, all guys looking at me, the smallest person, didn’t see any problem with suggesting that I could perhaps fit somewhere on the floor! For people who haven't seen me, I am 5' tall, 110 lb!

Well, I don’t know if it was the “sitting on the floor with no seat belt on a highway” thing or the fact that “5 people died in a van-crash on QEW yesterday” that threw me off.

“Thank you very much. I think I’ll pass”. I am sure I will get another (not-so-shitty) chance to visit garbagetown in my life, I’d rather finish the day alive.

Funny thing, no one offered their seat or offered to stay behind!

So, the guys left. I hope they have fun.

I am here at the office. It is quiet. I will go for lunch with Katrina and Karlene.

9 Comments:

At 11:37 a.m., Blogger Farid said...

lol,
Sorry to hear that. Bad Bad guys...
I can imagine your face. However, sitting on the floor was not really a good idea specially when you were going to visit a garbagetown!

 
At 5:31 p.m., Blogger Suchness of The Moment said...

I would have done the same! Just because you are not a giraffe like them, it doesn't mean they should make you sit on the floor!!

 
At 6:59 p.m., Blogger dokhtare aftab said...

i hope they learn something for next time. i am sure they will talk about you staying behind on the way there ..

 
At 3:36 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

they offered you to sit on the floor?! outrageous... it's aweful; what kind of an organization is that? I'd be so pissed off.

ajab adam haye khar e avazi ... you should give 'em a good lesson soon.

 
At 8:05 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Have you lost weight? I remember you weighed well above 50 kilos! Seems eating sensibly has paid off ;)

 
At 8:25 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Well, I thnk I have lost at least 10 lbs since I came back from UK last year.

I was fat! (from all Guiness drinking and scone eating, etc!)

 
At 1:20 p.m., Blogger 'lue said...

hope you get another chance to visit the garbageland
How's Katrina? She's a super lady!!

 
At 1:24 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

She is great. Still looking for a husband.

 
At 11:55 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Well, Thank you all for your support.

Yesterday people came to my office and offered their apologies for not offering me their seat!

Wow. That was nice of them to do so.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home