Friday, July 15, 2005

What a Geek!

So, two more weeks and I hope all course schedules are out!

It sounds very geeky but when I registered for the masters program, I was very excited to learn more about Environmental Law, Economics, Policy and Management.

I took the law course last year. Although it was a very brief course, I absolutely loved it. I also took a course in atmospheric pollution, which helped me a lot with my job.

This year my plan is to take Environmental Economics, Environmental Politics and Bureaucracy, Industrial Pollution Prevention (an overview of industrial environmental management) and hopefully Environmental Pathways (more of a science/engineering course).

So far I know that the Eco course will be offered as well as pollution prevention. I am really anxious to hear whether the other two will be offered. I also need to make sure that they are offered during hours that I can attend school (after 5 pm or around lunch time).

In case the other two are not offered, I will try to substitute them with Corrosion Control and Environmental Policy and Planning, if the department allows. (Plan B)

Plan C involves taking Introductory French in the evenings. I will not receive graduate credit for French but so far I have had a lot of fun taking French this summer.

Did I mention that it seems like I will be transferred to the Environmental Planning and Policy Division of the Ministry in September? I can’t wait!


3 Comments:

At 12:23 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Yeah, an undercover geek ...!

 
At 7:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beati... blog, but as for the Geek thing, environmental science doesn's count: No math, no codes, .... what's with the geek!!!!

 
At 10:49 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

:)
well...there is a lot of math involved. Many times we have to write codes for modelling and use modelling softwares. There is also lots of fluid mechanics involved. What I really love about my field is that it combines microbiology, chemistry, math, physics and even social studies to solve problems :) I mean real problems....like garbage or sewage!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home