Thursday, August 11, 2005

My Angel

I woke up this morning, well rested!

I felt very content, at peace and happy. I felt grateful for my family, my health, my job and a lot of other good things in my life.

I even received an e-mail from Margaret Wente regarding a piece that I had sent her. I went to have lunch with Katrina and Nafiseh. Nafiseh is pregnant almost 5 months and she is very excited.

I don’t know sometimes what is in a song that makes you love it. “Angel” is my song when I am sad and when I am happy or mad. I heard myself singing at my desk today and it felt great.

Spend all your time waiting for that second chance.
For the break that would make it okay.
There's always some reason to feel not good enough.
And it's hard at the end of the day.
I need some distraction, a beautiful release.
Memories seep from my veins.
Let me be empty, oh and weightless, and maybe.
I'll find some peace tonight.

In the arms of the angel, fly away from here.
From this dark, cold hotel room, and the endlessness that you fear.
You are pulled from the wreckage of your silent reverie.
You're in the arms of the angel, may you find some comfort here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home