Wednesday, August 03, 2005

A Not So Accidental Canadian

I finally got the chance to sit down and read a book after a few months of losing track of my life!

I am almost through An Accidental Canadian by Margaret Wente. I have to admit that at least she has a great sense of humor. So far it’s been great, except for the parts that she really gets off-topic!

I have great respect for journalists and writers and Margaret is amongst the successful ones. She has a very bold and carefree style of writing. Some chapters of her memoirs reminded me that some things never change when it comes to dating and marriage!

Speaking of people for whom I have great respect, Michaelle Jean is going to be Canada’s next Governor General. For people who don’t know, the governor general is Queen’s representative in Canada. She is an immigrant, well-known broadcaster, an award-winning filmmaker and the mother of a 6-year old adopted girl. She is also fluent in 5 languages.

I already feel proud.

5 Comments:

At 1:10 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's not related to journalism or even thish month's posts.
It's "THE wake up call", right at the time; late.
and see, no longer blinded by our own eyes!

 
At 6:46 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Please explain.
I don't understand what you are trying to say.

 
At 8:02 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do I explain then?
The only thing you deep thoughts need is signs, towards dilema;
I wouldn't need to follow your future posts and turns to see you clearer than the female protagonist here:
http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/poe/works/manos_un.html
so long,

 
At 11:07 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read your blog once in a while and it often surprises me why people are so criticl of your posts! Even myself!! There is something provoking and stimulating hidden behind the lines! Any idea what that is!? :-)

 
At 9:44 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Thanks Ebi.

I am not sure if there is anything provoking. Obviously the reader can tell me about that.

I always like a good discussion.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home