Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Summer

I didn’t get a chance to write in my blog for some time. I have been busy with enjoying the last days of summer, I guess.

In about 3 weeks, my classes start as well my new job. For now, I am helping out my Association as much as I can. Some friends are getting married and some are moving on to new jobs and perhaps new cities. It’s a great time to enjoy spending time with them while we are all still together.

This summer was a good one, except for a few glitches. The financial issues and bad dates were unpleasant but finally moving to my own place, studying French, hanging out with some great old and new friends and finally some good dates are the highlights of my summer.

I think the best part of this summer was that I had a chance to think about how I would like to plan my life. Once someone told me that women, like an apple that falls from a tree, turn around and around before they land, around the age of 25. I suppose they say that certain age may be around 30 for men.

It might be true. I love all my past experiences: all the traveling, studying, different jobs in different cities, pleasant and unpleasant dates, etc. But now, finally, I feel that they all have given me a wide perspective of who I am and who I want to be.

At night, before going to bed, sometimes I count my blessings: great family, friends, excellent health, opportunities and passions. For all those that I can and can’t count, I hope I can add a few to other people’s blessings.