Friday, September 02, 2005

The Single Life!

My bee-stung finger has now fully recovered after last week’s cottage trip. Some pain never to be forgotten!

When you go to a cottage near a lake, take a few pieces of fresh cloths with you. You never know when you may fall (!) in the lake even after dark! I suppose a compass or a flash light would an asset if you go for a ride on the lake, especially drunk, before sunrise!

It was a very unique and memorable trip with all my close friends there, before everyone marries off or leaves town.

Some advantages of living the “single life” is that you can decide to go on a trip within a couple of hours. You can even leave all the dirty dishes in the kitchen sink! Or ignore the full laundry basket in the bathroom!

You can decide to wake up at 6 am one day and 8 am another day. Go for a drink after work with friends and perhaps forget about dinner if you go home too late! You can go out and spend your two-week's worth of salary on shoes and purses and no one will know!

You can cook anything you want and no one will complain if it turns out not so delicious! You can invite friends without having to get someone else’s permission!

But you know what? That’s about it. That’s all the advantages of living the “single life”. To summarize, you can turn your place into a dump, waste your money or follow no schedule in life if you want to. Doesn’t sound too exciting, when I put it that way.

There will be a time in everyone's life that they prefer to wake up with someone and hear “how was your day” even though it may sound the same every day. There will be time that sharing your dinner with a special person feels special every night and doing his/her laundry or planning your retirement days feels romantic.

Sure there will be days that you won’t talk, you may try to look upset and act angry, but when the sun sets, nothing feels better than a hug and an apology.

I will never say that it is simple. Living the “married life” is more than a full-time job. But when the right person comes along, it all becomes worth it.

I hope that for all of us, the moment of “no doubt” comes when we are ready to take on the challenge.

Cheers!

9 Comments:

At 12:31 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

What happened between Farid and me is far more complicated.

We made a decision that worked out best for both of us and I am not mad at him or upset.

Everyone has the right to choose in relationships and I respect that.

Farid was not the right person for me but he is a good person.

 
At 3:14 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Go and have a look at the previous messages. There I told you that he wouldn't measure up, and you were like "excuse me?!". Bahar, you are such a smart sweetie, but you still don't know and can't figure out who is right for you. Sorry, hon!

 
At 5:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello anonymous oracle, will you please-please tell Bahar not to marry this new chap and marry me...

 
At 1:06 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to know what happened! ;)

 
At 2:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bahar, take it from me, as someone who knows you, you really don't need to share this information with the whole world.

 
At 2:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Salam Bahar Jan,

Anonymous oracle here (as someone called me so). Listen hon, you are better off the way you are and the way you could figure out who is who. Just one thing: first test the guy in different ways as you see appropriate, and then go for him. I still think you are one of the smartest I have ever seen, and I wanna see the best happening for you.
Please take care.

Ghorboonet va zendeh bashi.

 
At 10:12 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Thank you all guys.

Yesterday's date went incredibly well.

We are still seeing each other as "friends" but it's promising :)

 
At 12:26 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Hannes,

I owe it all to you. You told me over and over again that I deserve to be respected and loved and I should open my heart again.

Well, now I want all that for you.

 
At 2:50 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOOD FOR YOU , I AM SURE YOU WILL BE HAPPY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home