Monday, October 17, 2005

Good Looks!

Most people that I know are good looking.

Some have nice eyes, some are tall and slim, some have beautiful hair and others a great smile.

But let's just say, hypothetically speaking, what would you do if you were ugly?

If you are a guy who is rather short, lost your hair by 25, your eyes are small, you have bushy eyebrows, your nose is big, you have a belly and you are hairy!

By the time you are 30, maybe you get a nose job, have the eyebrows trimed, wax the hair on your back, work out to lose the belly and get nice eye glasses. Or maybe not.

Do people go out with ugly people? You may say that ugly people will go out with ugly people. But what if ugly people want to go out with good looking people?

What is it in a person that attracts others? Does it matter if someone is ugly?

Should ugly people try to look good? (i.e shave, wear nice clothes, work out, get cosmetic surgery)

If you see an ugly person who is depressed, would you tell them that maybe they should try to look better?

Is it fair to tell someone that they are ugly?

3 Comments:

At 4:31 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

I hate to give moral recommendations, but - since you asked - I think it's not fair to tell someone he's ugly. Even commenting on people's features over which they have no control, may turn out to be upsetting. Sometimes only referring to the ugly feature may imply that you think that person is ugly.

However, if I thought I was ugly and/or I wasn't happy with it, I would fix it ;)

 
At 12:43 a.m., Blogger Gerrit Bosman said...

Real beauty comes from inside, when you are a beautiful person inside, it will show in the outside. You will not get better looks, but people will see the warmth and love in your eyes. And when you turn this around, how many beautiful people do you know who are not so pleasant to be with because they are so self-satisfied or self-centered? And be honest, what does it say about someone to judge people by their appearance?
It can be a real burden to be beautiful, a lot of men are intimidated by beautiful women, and the men that are not are not always the men you would like to meet. My own woman is very beautiful and has still the same size of clothes as in her twenties. She was attracted to me because she saw a sturdy blond sailing instructor looking like a real viking. I saw a woman with dark hair and brown eyes with fire in it. We didn’t see the bad parts, that’s something you find out later!
Helping someone to look better is OK, some people have no idea how to dress or how to get a better appearance. But I wouldn’t recommend you saying to someone: “hey, I think you are unhappy because you are ugly, so get a nosejob!”

 
At 8:26 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Thanks guys.

I appreciate the comments. I think I didn't communicate to you what I really meant.

I never judge people by their looks (in fact I usually remember people by their smell) but more and more I see around me that appearance makes a difference.

I am not sure if it's the attitude that influences your looks or your looks influence your attitude.

It's mystery to me.

But they always say that smell is the first thing that makes a real impression on people.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home