Friday, October 21, 2005

Stages

In highschool, I loved playing music, volley ball and writing. I had amazing friends. Mona, Sahar, Leili, Niloufar(s), Maryam and many others. We used to talk about politics a lot. We even argued about the philosophy of life many times. Highschool was full of wonders.

I remember upon graduation we made a bet on who gets married first. I guess I wasn't too far off to put myself last.

Before I was 20 years old, I never bothered with relationships. That was more of an "adult" subject for me that didn't concern a teenager.

I started thinking about dating when I turned 22. It seemed like a good step to take. I had no idea what I was in for! I promised myself that I wouldn't consider a long-term relationship before I was 25 (and had traveled in Europe).

Who knew that I would fall in love, head over heels, right after I turned 25! What an amazing experience. That was when I relaized I was finally ready.

Again, as I was having the time of my life traveling in Europe and thinking about all this, I knew that I didn't want to assume the responsibility of motherhood at least for another 2 years.

So, here I am. I will turn 27 soon and I know that I want motherhood to be a major part of my next relationship. Perhaps not this year or next year, but soon enough.

And I fell in love again. For better or for worse, I felt that I was born once again.

I never imagined my commitment without motherhood. It's amazingly difficult to break away, but he knew what he wanted.

It has been couple of weeks and I have come to accept it now. Letting go is not easy and here I am once again, looking forward to future opportunities.

Niloufar gave birth to a little baby girl 2 days ago.
She looks like a beautiful little angel.

I feel alive and I have no doubt that I will be ready, when it's my time.

I am excited.

4 Comments:

At 12:42 a.m., Blogger Gerrit Bosman said...

I was 34 when my little girl was born,
It was a beautiful, warm day in may, when she actually was born, it was thundering and lightning, she now is very proud about that.
I sense that you will have twins, and they will be astonishing beautiful and very alike.
I wish you luck...

 
At 12:09 p.m., Blogger Suchness of The Moment said...

She's sooooo CUTE!

 
At 12:47 p.m., Blogger LT said...

Honey, it was wonderful knowing you in high school. So, I thought it was over. Then you came back into my life, only to make it richer and more meaningful. If nothing else, you made me switch into reusable containers for my daily coffee drinks! Now, from what I read on your weblog, I am sure that you will make a perfect mother. I hope that I will be there for that stage of your life as well as many more stages that come after.

 
At 12:02 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Leili joon,

How's life? Any plans to take a vacation while it is not so cold?

How does Toronto sound as a vacation spot? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home