Monday, November 28, 2005

Winter Campaign?

You gotta be joking!

I am not renewing my Liberal membership this year anymore. Why? I don't know. I am sick and tired of all the games I don't like politicians so much! I just think this is not the right time to hold elections!

I am a liberal, ideologically speaking, but this doesn't mean that I will campaign for Michael Ignatieff, Ratansi, Graham or anyone else! Perhaps if it were spring, I would help John Godfrey. Not that he needs any help, but I like him.

Anyhow, everyone got together yesterday for brunch and I suppose they discussed which Liberal/NDP Candidate they should campaign for. I didn't go. Instead I got a dirty look which meant: well, congratulations on joining the "no show" group!

Winter Elections? Winter is for Christmas shopping, snow shovelling, traveling down south, curling up in bed all weekend long but not campaigning! Two years ago I almost lost my toes and fingers to frost bite during the election campaign!

I may get so pissed off that I may not even vote. But again, my fear of Harper will ultimately take me to the poll on January 23rd, as they have announced.

These guys will just waste tax payers money on the elections and come out with exactly the same results as last year: Liberal Minority Government!

Man! I miss those days of calm majority government!

8 Comments:

At 1:24 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Am I right to think that you're growing older and turning into conservatism? A warm-ish welcome from me then :D

 
At 1:45 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Conservatism? Are you kidding me? As I said I don't like Harper (the Tory Leader) and that's why I will vote. He is the one who is forcing election on the country!

If tories get elected:
1- abortion will be banned
2- gay marriage will go out the window
3- environment will be ..ed!
4- Canada will probably attack Iran or join some star-wars project with George W!

But ofcourse the economy will most likely boom.

 
At 1:49 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Ok, maybe I went a little too far. Tories won't accomplish all that with a minority government which is their best shot.

But for Canada, culturally speaking, a liberal government with strong Democrat and Conservative opposition is best.

 
At 7:39 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Do they really have these on their agenda? I mean bannig abortion or stopping gay marriages? Same sex union is coming on in the UK on 21st of Dec (among the first to marry is Elton John with that Canadian bloke); or would Canada give up the Kyoto convention?

I don't believe that, even with a majority government. That Harper chap looked like a decent guy, he's not like Ahmadi-Nejad or ...

 
At 7:41 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4480218.stm

 
At 7:42 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/4480218.stm

sorry it didn't fully copy the address in the one

 
At 9:48 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

That's what our conservative party is.

They don't agree too much with immigration (they used the term Asian Invasion a while ago) and they believe in traditional marriage values. They are a big fan of George W and his star-wars projects.

Giving up Kyoto would perhaps be the only good thing they can do for Canada. (I know it is a dysfunctional treaty)

 
At 5:39 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

I'm not much into environmental politics and certainly donno about how disfunctional that treaty is... but how is it the eauropeans appear to be comitted to it and have already set targets to reduce carbon dioxide emissions and incuring millions of pounds in costs? Maybe you could enlighten me a bit, giving me some references, etc.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home