Friday, December 16, 2005

Arrogant Son of a Bitch!

I am sorry for being less than polite this morning. But these days, more and more doctors act as if they are God!

Two days ago, as I was helping Paul assemble the new TV Stand and Coffee Table that we bought, I stepped on a pin, nail or something like a staple maybe. Within a few seconds, there was pool of blood on the floor and I was in real bad pain.

Paul, the brave man that he is, decided to operate on me with tweezers and some disinfectant! He opened up the wound (as I was trying to look the other way and sing) and removed any foreign objects that he could find. Half an hour later, I wasn't bleeding anymore and went to sleep.

Two days later, I am still limping. Yesterday I called Mona and her husband told me about some guy who lost his foot because his flesh and bone got infected in a similar fashion! I figured there is no more room for debate, I had to see a doctor.

In Toronto, whenever it snow or rains, the cabs disappear. So yesterday I never made it to the clinic in time and had to walk home, limping all the way! This morning I started visiting a few clinics before 9 am and finally found one that was open on a Friday!

The doctor was late. He got in about 9:45 am and as I smiled at him and asked "are you the doctor" he yelled " I am not supposed to be in before 10. Why don't you go see your family doctor if you are in a hurry!". Hurry? I had been sitting there for 45 minutes!

After swiping my Health Card (and charging the public money for $50) he look at my wound for 2 seconds and said "It will get better. If it doesn't, go see your family doctor"!

The arrogant SOB got paid $50 for telling me that if it doesn't get better I need to see a doctor?

I was unfortunate enough to visit the emergency room twice this past year. Every time, they told me that I had to wait for at least 2 hours. Then, they put me on a mobile bed in a hallway and had to wait 4 hours before a doctor could see me! One guy that came in with a heart attack died, while he was waiting to be seen!

What is going on? They make it so hard to get into medical school and make it so expensive to graduate that all doctors think they should screw people over! Same story with lawyers!

10 Comments:

At 11:00 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Bahar joon, you're iranian for goodness sake so why don't you use your hard earned skills every iranian (and most other 3rd world) masters in.

In a large city like Toronto with a large iranian community, you most certainly know a few iranian doctors who work in the hospitals (esp. A&E). Whenever you wanna see a doctor, just giv'em a buzz and you should be sorted in a flash.

I do that here and it works every time. I even get the drugs for free (though I should pay a flat charge if I go to my doctor).

 
At 11:01 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

And one other thing, wear slippers at home [:D]

 
At 11:03 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

It is not that easy!

My family doctor is Iranian but I don't know any Iranian doctor that works in ER! They all have private businesses and whenever you call, they are not there!

They mostly offer services like Laser Hair Removal, etc that makes them money.

 
At 11:06 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Also, now that I think about it, most Iranian doctors are too busy with their Iranian patients that can't speak English. We have so many grandma and grandpas and mothers and fathers that prefer to speak in Farsi.

Getting an appointment with an Iranian doctor in many cases is even more difficult than a non-Iranian doctor!

Plus, I don't want to be counted in as one of the patents "that don't speak English"!

 
At 11:17 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Ok, I'll try to find you a couple of young doctors working in the hospitals (where you can go 24/7). Clinics suck as they work only 9-5 week days.

And speaking of the humilation of being counted "that don't speak english", I wouldn't give a flippin' darn if I was to be treated quicker!

 
At 11:21 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

My mom said that too! But apparently, since I was born, I always hated socks and slippers and shoes! (and this is the result)

BTW, if you can find some young doctors, can you make sure that they are male, cute and single? (just kidding)

 
At 11:56 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

I'll do my best, but no gaurantees!!!

 
At 11:57 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

It's years I've told you I shall talk to your mom; we've got a lot in common :))

 
At 12:16 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

ok, I'm off to the pub. Take care aziz and enjoy your weekend ;)

 
At 8:17 p.m., Blogger Sooski said...

actually in BC, they don't even allow doctors/nurses to be imported from other provinces in Canada, so the union can keep the shortage of docs/nurses high, so they can easily go on strike anytime they want!
Remember, that as BC is appealing for senior citizens after their retirement, and that's when they need heap replacement, knee replacement, etc. the situation is way worse in here! but in general, the ER service all across canada sucks! I have been there and it's so unhumane!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home