Monday, December 05, 2005

Babies!

I think I am going to have babies if the conservative government wins!

Steven Harper announced this morning that he will give a $1200 check to families with babies, per child, per year. Let's see how this BIG amount of money can be spent:

- Daycare (subsidized) $800 per month
- Formula and diapers $250 per month
- Clothes and toys $100 per month
- Childseat, stroller, etc $200 per month

So, this plays out to be $ 16,200 per year.

I don't think I want to have babies, ever!

2 Comments:

At 11:26 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

$800 per month only? it's a flipping steal; grasp it while you can... it's about £1200 p/month just for daycare here in London.

 
At 12:41 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Well, this is subsidized public daycare that has a 2-year waiting line.

In some areas, there aren't enough spots for all the kids at the public daycare.

If I were to be elected, I would put pressure on the feds to give the province more money for building schools and daycares.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home