Monday, January 16, 2006

Elections!

Last weekend the advanced polls for the elections opened and my parents, brothers and I made it our mission to go out and vote.

Despite all of our disappointment of how the Liberals have handled politics in the past couple of years, we voted for the Liberal candidate in our riding. After all, we don't want "liberalism" and "social liberties" pay the price for their mistakes.

The tories (Conservatives) are now heading the polls. So far they have a minority %40 and who knows, they are even capable of achieving majority perhaps not now but in a couple of years, whenever there is a re-election!

I am not too worried about fiscal policies (i.e Educational Funds and social programs such as Health Care, Unemployment Assistance and Child Care), but rather unsure about what could happen to Foreign Affairs, Military Engagement in USA projects and Provincical Relations.

Other than the above mentioned issues, all seems to be well in my life. But I wish someone could tell me why I have lately been having nightmares and paic attacks in the middle of the night!

7 Comments:

At 10:29 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

your worries are not without reason aziz, check this out:

http://www.forbes.com/markets/feeds/afx/2006/01/16/afx2452151.html

 
At 11:54 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

The link doesn't work!
:(

Sky needs a vacation. Any ideas? Please?

 
At 12:23 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

How about England? Lake District is fantastic ;)

Copy the link from the post main page; it works here

 
At 12:33 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Woww, air fare is dead cheap, BA offers return for 650 CAD (to London)!

 
At 12:59 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Hey Mister!

I checked Forbes Website, Markets and AFX links, but I need to know what to look for! News on China? Australia? Stocks?

P.S I have not money! I have just started to save! I might have to just do with NY or Ottawa (Total Cost of Max $400)

 
At 1:35 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Come here for your birthday, 800$ total dige kheiresho bebini [:D] and check out your yahoo email...

for the Forbes link, go to your blog main page, click on the "Elections!" post link on the left hand side column, scroll down to the comments area; you'll find the full link there.

An old Bon Jovi song starts with "Hey Mister", javouni kojaei ke yadet bekheir!

"Hey mister can you help me
I'm a loner on the run
I'm just looking for tomorrow
And I ain?t gonna hurt no one

I jumped headfirst into a bottle
I was looking for a friend
Came up just short of nothing
I didn't find the truth I only found an end"

 
At 2:46 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

TEST!
why my pic doesn't appear here?! I added my profile a photo for crying out loud.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home