Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Holidays and Series of Unfortunate Events!

During the holidays, I visited my family doctor, an emergency dental clinic, hospital emergency room, my orthodontist, and a walk-in clinic!

Wearing braces and moving my teeth resulted in an open wound and infection where my bottom right wisdom tooth used to be! After a few x-rays, the dentist simply took her scalpel and removed the infected tissue! Now I can chew food!

My foot was still hurting and my family doctor said that she thinks there is a foreign object stuck in the wound! She also said that she couldn't do anything and I had to go to a hospital. The doctor at the hospital cleaned the wound, got his tweezers and removed a big-ass piece of glass from my foot! Now I can walk! They also gave me a tetanus shot which has disabled my arm!

3 days ago I felt a little bit of soar throat which I thought was more related to my gum problem. But then it turned into a bad cough and fever for the past 2 days. Ofcourse, the walk-in doctor said that I should take aspirins and sleep it off!

I had to go to see my orthodontist as soon as possible because as it turned out, my teeth are stronger that the brackets that attach them to the wire! They gave out! So, he replaced them with steele brackets now!

Tomorrow I have another doctor's appointment for annual check up and review of my blood work.

For God's sakes! I don't want to see anymore doctors!

8 Comments:

At 11:22 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Akheyy kolli delam soukht; don't worry, you have probably used up your 2006 ration of misfotunes now and will be alright the rest of the year (or maybe they were the remainder of the 2005 which needed to happen so you could have a fresh strat [:P])

 
At 2:52 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's time to take "cheshm o nazar" more seriously!!!
Can't beleive it, why on earth all these things keep happening?!
I'm happy though that you finally got rid of that glass thing and the infection.
Take care dear, I'll see you soon :*

 
At 9:44 p.m., Blogger LT said...

Too bad that you went through all that pain honey! It Seems like you should be needing another holiday!

 
At 6:28 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

I agree.

Can someone call another 2-week holiday? Please?

Who should I see about this? ;)

 
At 8:08 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Perhaps you could go to Dubai, their Emir died a couple of days ago so they got another 10 days off!!!

 
At 11:19 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Problem is, in Canada, even if it snows hard, rains like a flood or the head of the state dies, they will only declare a moment of silence!

unless.....unless it's the queen! maybe they give people half a day off!!! Do you think perhaps you can help me in that department? Since you live a few blocks from the palace and all?

 
At 6:35 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

I'm afraid I can't, you'll get time off work, we'll get Prince of Wales as the new monarch. I would have voluntarily given away half a day of my leave each year not to see Charles on the throne... :D

 
At 4:32 p.m., Blogger Sooski said...

I was sick all over the holidays too! the worst flu I can remember! took 5 weeks and am still caughing!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home