Friday, January 06, 2006

Manners, Ways and Habits

Most of us admit that we grew up with them:

- did you make your bed this morning?
- did you shower before breakfast?
- did you brush your teeth before people smell your breath?
- don't burp at the table! (or don't fart in public!)
- wear a clean shirt, pants and underwear every day.
- wear deodorant after you shower.
- don't breathe into people's face if you have onions/garlic with lunch.
- don't phone people after 10 pm!
- don't wear torn socks!

Are manners really good or they just inhibit our daily lives? I guess many people agree with the latter.

It happens every now and then, that a coworker smells like he didn't shower or brush his teeth this morning! Or a friend smells like garlic but she is so persistent to talk in your face! I am sure you have come across people who pee on the toilet seat and on the floor, too!

Sometimes you visit someone's apartment for the first time and you realize they like to leave dirty socks or underwear every where. They don't clean the bathroom or take out the smelly garbage! Occasionally you meet people that burp or fart and don't apologize!

Some people like to call you after midnight or they "forget" to pay you back for the few times that you went out for dinner!

What are you supposed to do in those situations? Tell them "sorry buddy, I think you have forgotten your manners" or try to avoid them for ever? Maybe they don't know! Perhaps they didn't get the 'memo' when they were growing up!

What would you do if tried to drop them a subtle hint and their response is " c'mon! don't be such a snob! it's not that bad!" ?

To all the people who think so:

"It is bad! It is very bad! It is disgusting and so are you!"

4 Comments:

At 4:36 p.m., Blogger Sooski said...

Oh! I sooooooo agree with ya!!
I either cut them off my social circle or try not to be around 'em!
but I know exactly how bad it is, specially at work! you cannot quit your job simply because of your colleague's B.O.!! can you?

 
At 7:05 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

first of all let me thank you for your weblog...this makes me remembering you and all the great things about you every time I read it. I want to tell you a story of mine about this: once I had a very important exam and I was studying all long and I totally forgot to brush my teeth after eating garlic!I was sitting on the chair taking the exam and feeling so bad cuz I knew every one around me could smell that!and you know what happend? after the exam one of my nice friends told me that she felt it and it was not good but she think she should tell me cuz she loved me and I really felt better after that.I mean I think it is better you tell them specially if they mean to you.

 
At 7:35 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Thanks Sooski and Niloo joon,
I know. You guys are right. It happens to the best of us that we forget to shower or brush but I was mostly talking about people who have a habit of "not smelling good" and etc.

I guess as Niloo said, if the person is dear and near to you, you tell them. Otherwise, you keep a distance from them, eh?

 
At 6:48 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Wooww, Niloufar Hajibeiklou... that name certainly rings a bell! Her, Sky and Mona were like the three musketeers. How are you doing Niloofar?! [:D]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home