Monday, January 09, 2006

The Small Woman that I am!

January 9, 2006, I weigh 115 lbs (52.5 kg) and I am 5' (152 cm) tall.

So, as friends can tell, I have lost 5 lbs since I got my braces. 5 more lbs to go and I will be happy. However, the problem is I think I have been fooling myself for almost 15 years! I think deep inside I expect to look taller if I lose the weight!

Ok, so I only grew taller till 8th grade. But it was really in 6th grade when I realized I was the shortest in my class. My mom was worried, so, she took me to all good doctors she knew. They all promised that I would grow at least another inch or two, but never happened! Again, I would like to blame it on the doctor not my genes!

My sweet genius grandma (on my dad's side) was only 5' tall when she was married off to her cousin at the age of 15. My grandpa was a giant with blue eyes, but no one got his genes!

I have two sweet aunts (on my mom's side) that are also 5' tall. Here is when I thank god almighty for not giving me their "over weight" genes!

As I was browsing the political science books at Indigo the other day, an 80-yr old sweet lady walked up to me and said:" you like books? you should read while you are in school. you will appreciate that when you grow up!" As I was thinking at the age of 27 I can't really grow up anymore, I figured well, I should try, maybe I 'll grow, who knows!

After 15 years of telling myself that "intellect" is what really matters, "health" is important and not everyone should be "tall" in this world, once and for all, I would like to admit that I am really upset that I am short! The whole "intellect/health/knowledge/respect" thing doesn't work on me anymore!

Being short means that it shows when I gain 2 lbs! It means that I have to hem pants, sleeves and even skirts! Everything looks too long for me, even a stupid mini-skirt. I am usually mistaken for a teenager and feel invisible at times! Plus, when I look at myself in the mirror, I don't like what I see!

All being said, there is one thing that can make me forget all that for good. Today, I bought a "heart and stroke" foundation lottery ticket. If I win more than $ 5,000, I promise to shut up about that never ever complain!

How does that sound?

6 Comments:

At 2:58 p.m., Blogger LT said...

:))
You should stop fixating on your height and see what we all see:

"You are one of the prettiest girls I have seen"

So how is that? Got anything else to complain about? ;)

 
At 1:20 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

invisible?!! you're kidding me!

You're the most "visible" person I met in my whole life! Actually, what I know is that at times I tried so hard to convince you to be a little less visible and it never worked! ;)

Here's my verdict: you have no right to complain and you know why! :)

 
At 6:07 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Sky joon, you most certainly have the right to complain about anything you like, whether you win the 5000$ or not. Come on people, how many pleasures do you know in the world? Food, drink, sex, gossiping and nagging... [:D]

(but I don't really think size makes one more/less visible... at least it's not the only factor)

 
At 4:13 p.m., Blogger Sooski said...

"My sweet genius grandma (on my dad's side) was only 5' tall when she was married off to her cousin at the age of 15. My grandpa was a giant with blue eyes, but no one got his genes!"

The above sentece applies to me, word by word!! except that my grand parents were not cousins, and except for my dad (and then myself), the rest got the grandpa's tall genes!! but everything else you wrote up there, is exactly matching with my grandparents!

 
At 8:13 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Thanks to Leili, I have been feeling very pretty for the past two days :)

As for Jackal's comment, I am not sure what he is trying to say! Nevermind, though!

For Mona: you are right my dear! I think I have always been afraid of being invisible that the opposite has happened, quite a few times!

Sooski, post a pic on your weblog :)

 
At 4:31 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

i wasn't suggesting anything in particular, simply advocating the right to complain [;)]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home