Thursday, March 16, 2006

Fun Day!

Today seems like a fun day, because "me" turns 27! So, I thought you would want to read a fun post today.

I got to know Billy Bragg through my dad. He likes his songs. Billy Bragg is a British-American song-writer and musician, but more of a political activist. The first song that I heard by him was "The Price of Oil".

Voices on the radio
tell us that we’re going to war
those brave men and women in uniform
they want to know what they’re fighting for.

The generals want to hear the end game
the allies won’t approve the plan
but the oil men in the white house
they just don’t give a damn.

Now I ain’t no fan of Saddam Hussein
oh, please don’t get me wrong i
f it’s freeing the Iraqi people you’re after
then why have we waited so long...

Warren Kinsella interviewed Billy in Toronto, last week. He starts by saying "Politics, as everyone knows, is showbiz for ugly people."

The interview was published in today's National Post.

8 Comments:

At 1:39 p.m., Blogger LT said...

To Bahar and in the memory of Ali Tajvidi:

http://darvish.net/files/tajvidi/1/4.ram

http://darvish.net/files/tajvidi/1/5.ram

 
At 2:12 p.m., Blogger LT said...

and more:

http://darvish.net/files/tajvidi/1/7.ram

(please be patient, it takes time to download)

 
At 2:40 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Leili joon,

Thank you so much.I am flattered.

You have no idea what's going on in my office today! I have received a big Orchid bouquet, cards, stuffed animals, candies and chocolate!

All I can do now is sit beside them and blush!

I feel blessed and loved!

 
At 3:13 p.m., Blogger LT said...

All that effort is to make sure you know how much you are loved!
Looks like you finally got it ;) Good!

 
At 4:13 p.m., Blogger Azad said...

happy birthday bahar jaan. hope you have a wonderful 27th year.

cheers

 
At 4:22 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Azad joon,

Thank you for remembering that!

I feel special!

 
At 2:35 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are special Bahar joon

 
At 6:36 p.m., Blogger Sooski said...

Happy Bday! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home