Sunday, March 26, 2006

Let's get domestic!

After telling my parents: "either compromise or get a divorce", I decided to take advantage of the nice day and have some good thoughts!

A good friend of mine (who won't appreciate being mentioned on my blog) owns a "baking station"!!! He built a cabinet with storage to fit all his baking pans, pots and spices. When it comes to being domestic, I figured as a woman, my genes should give me a competitive edge! (I should have said jeans, instead of genes!)

So, I went for a nice walk and I stopped by Kitchen Stuff Plus to buy some "baking tools"!!!

As I was walking through the store, I tried to think about years of chemistry lab to figure out "what I need for baking". Trust me, that's how I learned how to cook and no one has died eating my food!

"An appropriate vessel" corresponded to a round cake pan, "digital weighing device" turned out to be a manual scale, and for the "magnetic stirrer" I chose a simple whisk. I am probably lacking a "volumetric graduated vessel"but I suppose I can guesstimate with a cup that holds 100 ml.

Mom's fiftieth birthday is coming up on May 1st. I hope she appreciates my first attempt at baking a birthday cake!!! Or I will eat the cake by myself and order her a good one from Rose! I don't think she will get a present from dad this year!

P.s. today I also vacuumed, took out the recycling items, shopped, cooked and did 3 loads of laundry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home