Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Easter Weekend!

So I heard today is the first day of passover. Some jewish friends of mine are celebrating it with great food. I like holidays that are associated with food: easter, christmas, norouz, yalda, etc.

I guess I especially like Yalda (longest night of the year) and Norouz (spring equinox), not just because no one tried to kill anyone or no one presented a miracle to prove anything, but also because they are nature-related. Celebrating mother nature and life is great.

I especially dislike holidays that are associated with mourning (there is food, but you have to cry first, for something that did/didn't happen many centuries ago!). Another reason why I am not religious! I think they have already planted a tree with my name in hell! I will go wherever Jon Stewart (my most favorite jew) goes!

All those aside, I like Good Friday and Easter Sunday because I get a 4-day weekend. Unfortunately this year, it translates into writing a "30 page paper" for me! (Is that even possible?)

As if that's not enough, a good friend of mine is visiting from UK and I can't even spend much time with her. She will be staying with me and I have promised to drive her to Niagara Falls on Saturday.


We will probably go to watch the sunset at the CN Tower on Friday afternoon and on Saturday morning drive to the Falls and also pay a visit to the Butterfly Conservatory.



On our way back we will have a picnic in Niagara-on-the-Lake and watch the sunset before we head back to Toronto. Romantic, eh? What can I say? I am a hopeless romantic!

1 Comments:

At 5:52 a.m., Blogger Sheena said...

That Niagara place has good french fries. What did you eat there?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home