Thursday, April 27, 2006

Interruption

This weblog will be interrupted for a while, because I am running for the candidacy in the next city elections.

Tomorrow, Friday April 28, 2006, come to Danforth Music Hall (147 Danforth Avenue, Broadview Station) and vote for me.

My priorities are community services for low income families in North York:

- Family/individual counseling in different languages
- Career services, including resume help and co-op placement
- English as a Second Language Classes, 7 days a week
- Drop-in daycare, 7 days a week
- After-school activities for kids, including sports, tutoring and library

If I win this contest, I can participate in the City elections as a candidate on November 13, 2006.


If you think more community services can help our youth grow up in a better environment, reduce poverty and crime in our city and help better integrate immigrant residents in to the community, please come to Danforth Music Hall at 7 pm and vote for me.

9 Comments:

At 1:56 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leili: Good Luck Bahar!

 
At 2:08 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

I am excited, but scared!

 
At 6:31 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leili: I'm glad we've talked about the "scared" part before ;-) But let me add this: I know you enough to say %80 of the candidates must be more scared than you!

 
At 7:29 p.m., Blogger Suburban Turmoil said...

Good luck!

 
At 2:14 a.m., Blogger ninepounddictator said...

Oh my god! I so wish I could be there for you! Unfortunately, I am in Calgary this week. argh.
Good luck! I really don't know you, but I do know you are very passionate, and you have my vote (in spirit, if not an actual real vote - but if i could vote in that riding, I would!)

You must blog throughout. You must. I actually love the world of politics. You must be strong, because that world is like high school...Fun, scary, sometimes silly, gossipy - but how exciting for you!

I'm really impressed!

 
At 6:16 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

i have a weired feeling about this. i remember you were flirting with the idea, and ended up conceding that perhaps there's a better time for this in the future.
i know you've got the personality and almost whateverelse one would need for this kind of role... but this sudden u-turn looks as though it's some kind of a reaction to that M.T bloke...
well i'm in no place to question the way you respond to the outside world and how you define yourself or how successful you consider yourself in inter-personal relations ... stuff ...

 
At 9:08 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Hi all,

Yes. Previously I had considered the idea and thinking that I had to raise funds and get a campaign together always scared me. However, this time I have been handed an opportunity that I cannot resist.

If I win this comepetition (tonight is the first round) I will get enough funding and support to get my campaign together.

I will have the support of the contest organizers and enough publicity. The work will be almost done for me.

However, the real test is tonight. If I can convince people to vote for me with my 1min speech, then I know I am capable of winning in the actual election.

If I don't get enought votes tonight, I get to keep one of the good things in my life, and that is my current job.

It's a win-win situation, anyways.

 
At 10:42 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! Good luck Bahar junam! I wish I could be there...

 
At 8:52 p.m., Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

This is awesome, Sky! Good luck!

If I didn't have WonderBaby to wrangle, I'd totally be there. You have my vote in spirit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home