Wednesday, April 19, 2006

The Search (1): Back in the Game

Rebecca told me a little while ago that I should write a book about my dating experiences (and call it "The jerk, the bum, the genius, the gay and the divorced") , but I thought I don't really have the courage. Plus, I think those guys will sue me!

However, writing about the good experiences in a private blog won't hurt. Except for random visitors, I am pretty much friends with everyone who reads my blog. So, for you guys:

Amidst the paper-writing frenzy on Sunday, I decided to go for a walk in a park near where I live. I figured such a gorgeous day would be a waste if I stayed at home.

As soon as I entered the park, I saw a guy that I ran into a while back (6 months ago) when I was researching the real estate market in my neighborhood. He owns a condo in a building where I thought I could buy. I could very well remember, because he was polite, funny and good looking! (what are the odds?)

He immediately remembered me and we started walking. Before we realized, we had walked for 3 hours and had pretty much discussed anything from real estate market, religion, Canadian nationalism and TV, mostly Jon Stewart. As it turned out, he was back in the market, himself!

He offered me a ride and before I got off, he asked if he could take me out to dinner!

As I told a friend yesterday, better than having an arrogant boyfriend, is being a 27 year old cute single woman! Ok, I didn't say cute, but you know what I mean.

So, the story will continue this Saturday!

11 Comments:

At 10:20 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

It's better than anything I can imagine !!!

 
At 10:24 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Good to see you back. How was your trip? Tehran, Shiraz? No wife?

 
At 12:03 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I thought it's better not to call you since you're so busy with your papers!!! ;)
It's just great to know you're happy... can't wait to see you :*

 
At 12:05 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

bizarre line of questions, well maybe not!

99% in shiraz (check out my photos in orkut, they're great). One day in Tehran which was very hot. Went to Park Jamshidieh for a romantic walk with Ali Basirian [;)] And fortunately I'm still a horrible looking 30 year old single chap [:))]

 
At 12:20 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

To Mona: Thanks hon.
To Jackal: r u kiddin? Single 30 year old engineer, resident of London, making tons of money...Sounds good to me! Good to hear that you escaped before family got a grip on you in Shiraz! How's Mr. Basirian?

 
At 12:56 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

BTW, It's time that you posted a better picture of yourself! with your new fancy eye-glasses.

 
At 9:22 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Is this one any better?! you have to click on the pic though...

Anyhow I have even given up on "The search", seems being 'single 30 year old engineer living in London & making tons of money' is still not good enough, or at least not good enough for the one good enough for me!!!

 
At 10:32 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

"The jerk, the bum, the genius, the gay and the divorced" .... was there ever a normal guy?!

 
At 8:31 p.m., Blogger Her Bad Mother said...

Glad to hear that you had such a good time. (And? You can go ahead and call yourself cute. The picture proves it.)

Thanks for your thoughtful comment at my last post. Your comments are always thoguthful, but this post was a tough one for me, so I appreciated the thoughts all the more.

 
At 10:06 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Yeah, there was, See the next post.

 
At 11:00 p.m., Blogger ninepounddictator said...

You have to do it...make it into a fiction book then...just change the names and characteristics....it's so good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home