Sunday, April 23, 2006

The Search (4): Cheap Bastard

MT called me right before he was supposed to pick me up. He sounded tired and he was wondering if we could change the venue.

He had suggested a nice (formal and fairly expensive) place that was rather far away, but he said since he spent the afternoon with the guys shouting over a hockey came, he was beat. "How about watching a movie at my place" he asked.

I thought to myself: I don't think so mister! That's the cheapest trick in the hat to get into someone's pants!

So I suggested going to the movie theatre in the neighborhood. The movie was good. My date was trying his best to be funny, too. I like a great (subtle) sense of humor, but I really really hate men who think everything is a joke.

He dropped me off at home and gave me a kiss.

The man is educated and has a great job but still, he doesn't sound to be the sharpest tool in the box. Or he was really tired last night.

I was not really impressed. He is nice and kind, but not really impressive. However, since I am a bad judge of character, I will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him one more chance.

6 Comments:

At 6:33 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

I think you ARE a good judge of character, it's just that you don't want to accept that. You go ahead with your disblief and end up facing the music you had predicted its tune ...

 
At 6:43 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Maybe you are right. Something tells me that he is just a cheap bastard!

I have been screwed like that before. Your date invites you out and this is what happens:

- He shows up in baggy jeans and a baseball hat and takes you to pizza hut for a slice.

- he invites you to the cheapest cafe downtown (Future Bakery) and doesn't even offer to pay for your bowl of soup.

- You invite him to a concert (spend $100) and he says he will take care of dinner and takes you to a fast food place and buys you a $5 sandwich

- you invite him out with your friends and he shows up in jeans, dirty shirt and old running shoes.

What the hell is going on in this world?

Sholdn't they think that I am going out with a woman who has a decent income of her own, perhaps she is not used to cheap cafes and a bottle of beer?

I think next time, I will go out with baggy jeans, flat runners and an old sweater with no make up.

 
At 6:46 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Maybe they think if they spend more than $10 on a date (a guy with $80,000 income) the girl should be greatful and offer sex!

Well, even the cheapest hookers in Toronto charge $500, I think!

 
At 4:27 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

check the top photo, really bizarre !!!
http://roozonline.com/03satire/015201.shtml

 
At 5:41 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Holy cow!

Is that supposed to be a nuclear facility or...

 
At 5:53 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

why are you up this time in the morning?

Well for that, I think it is the "or ..." that screws the people of Iran everytime. You see it now materialized !!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home