Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Stages

It has been pretty busy. On average, I am spending my afternoons (6-11 pm) on meeting with different groups, media and my team.

Tomorrow is the official day, when the media is coming to City Hall for our photo shoot and press conference. Last night I had an hour with my team to go over a few things that needed to be done this week.

Meetings and media interviews will be on-going for the next 5 months, but for my own purposes, I have defined the following stages for the campaign:

1- register the website (this week)
2- have a professional photo taken (weekend)
3- order business cards with photo and website (late June)
4- work on plat form and policy (July)
5- hold the first fundraiser (late July)
6- print literature (August)
7- mobilize the volunteer team for canvassing (August)
8- hold the second fundraiser (late August)
9- rent an office (September)
10- intense canvassing and door-knocking (Sep-Oct-Nov)
11- last phone calls for reminding people (November)
12- Accounting, Auditing (late Nov)

I think I need a new cell-phone and phone line to give out (with my card). I don't want my personal phone to be used for that purpose.

I can use some brain-storming help at this point. Let me know if I have missed any item.

5 Comments:

At 8:32 p.m., Blogger EternallyExceptional said...

ok I know that it's a city Idol thing, but if you still need help in other cities like Ottawa, let me know, maybe I could advertise for your team.

 
At 7:36 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you also need to make room for touching base with the other City Idol winners- as time goes on you'll all have experiences to share that can be helpful. I think you should also coordinate some mini town hall sessions- get people talking about the issues- and about you. Good luck- I used to work at MOE-WMPB until January too!

 
At 7:41 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Couple of other ideas- see if you can get on CP24 or Goldhawk live- first- before anyone else. I'm sure CitvTv will have or already does have someone else hosting HourTown now that Adam is running too. Also, a website is great but you need to get people to want to go there- to have a reason to go to your website. Are you profiling prominent leaders, volutneers, exceptional students or atheletes on your website? Are you offering insider tips on your community? Are you running a contest? Give me (well, those in your area) a reason to google you or take your bus card home and actually go to your site. I have a degree in political science so I'm pretty well-versed in politics but even I need an incentive, a teaser, to want to check out my candidates. Just some thoughts.

 
At 9:43 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

You rock. Thank yo so much. How did you find my weblog? where do u work now?

 
At 10:08 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi again,
I'm at MOHLTC now and found your site through Rebecca's.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home