Saturday, July 08, 2006

Paradigm Shift!

Since I came back from Vancouver I feel that someone has hit me in the head, hard!

What was I thinking, looking at dating as work? Dating is supposed to be about meeting new people and fun.

To be honest, I have learned a lot from dating. I have gone out with people from different cultural and ethnic backgrounds. I learned their languages, their customs and their wisdom.

What has always frustrated me is that I tried to make the other person happy and that left myself unhappy! I need to learn to say NO the moment I am not having fun anymore.

If I change my attitude, instead of feeling "taken advantage of" after every date, I will feel happy and content.

I love my life and I am happy about the direction that I am going. Why not take the same attitude and use it in my social life?

Leili is probably laughing at me and saying "girl, you are growing up!". Well, some people are late bloomers!

I owe this to Mona and her advice.

People, I have been saved!

2 Comments:

At 2:41 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

flippin' hell, what do you mean by Ali Scot? hahahaha!!! you might perhaps say Ali the Brit [;)]. I feel a lot more differences between them now that I'm in scotland and find myself more english, in a sense!
I was in edinburgh, so watch out for my new pics in orkut [:)].

I'm really happy that you started your private blogging again, I was about to feel I was missing it too! How's the campaign going on? I tried to phone you and chat you up on the contact number given in your other website; alas there was just your recorded message asking to leave a number and so on.

...

 
At 6:51 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

:D Way to go girl! I love u! :*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home