Thursday, July 13, 2006

There we go!

So last week I met a few nice guys that are interested in courting yours truly:

1- Nathan: sweet guy. He is 28 and has a degree in Comp Sci. When he is not working, he goes bungie jumping or scuba diving. He is taller than 6' and weighs more than 200 lbs.

2- Jeff: really really sweet guy. He is almost 30 and has a degree in Computer Engineering as well as a MBA. He is athletic (slim) but almost 6' 2" (190 cm) tall with a German background. He turned out to be my good friend Christine's brother.

3- Royce: respectable, sexy and smart guy. He is 33 and he is an economist/auditor. HE is well spoken when it comes to political and social views. He is 5' 7" (170 cm) tall and has an Irish background. He is interested in settling down.

So far I have been on one date with each. They all seem very respectable people, non-religious with progressive social views. They all have jobs and decent educational backgrounds.

These are some of my early impressions of each:

- Nathan is fairly quiet. Sometimes I don't get his sense of humor. He generally doesn't care what he wears or what he eats (hence the heavy weight) but it was very sweet of him to formally ask for a small kiss. He goes to bed at 10 pm (yuck!).

- Jeff comes from a good family and is very caring. However, I think he might be a bit too young for me. He still lives in a basement apartment like a student and behaves like he is broke! But he is very sweet and feels he should take care of me. He likes to hug me and agrees with me on everything.

- Royce is fairly settled. He likes to pamper the girls, and is very confident of himself, his looks and his charm. He is looking for a partner in life and seems to have high morals. Although I should mention that he likes to wind down with some weed on the weekends!

Obviously I don't know any of them well enough to be able to make a decision, but I am more leaning toward Royce.

How long do you think I should keep up with this (meeting all three) before they find out about each other and kick my ass?

Also, what signs should I look for, in choosing the right boyfriend?

5 Comments:

At 1:03 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

:) Merci Leili joon. That was a great comment.

Well, I dont like Nathan too much. There is no attraction (I really care about someone's weight and how they present themselves). So I need to find a way to let me down easy today (our second date).

Jeff, I like his honesty and cuteness. But I know he is rather naive and I cannot afford to start something iffy with a freind's brother. It will distroy the friendship. I need to find a way to let him down easy as well.

I am very attracted to Royce. I think he has his ducks in a row. He is very charming (and experienced). He seems like a good man except that his fondness of weed is odd to me.

Is the weed thing a problem? Once a week, a little smoke? Do u guys know?

 
At 1:04 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

(I meant let him down easy)

 
At 3:48 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Yeah I agree. Well we have it legalized here, so not a big deal.

Based on what he told me, when he gets together with the guys, they get a drink and a bit of a SMOKE.

He doesnt look like the wild type to me. Plus when you SMOKE you generally fall sleep, etc and not really get wild.

I guess I need to wait and see what exactly he is in to :D

 
At 2:43 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey bahar My advice is this!: pick one just now! and only listen to your heart! did you see this TV sereies Gilmore Girls?!(well I love it by the way!) in one episode they solve the same problem with answering to these 4 questiones honestly:

1-Whose phone calls or visits are never unwanted or too long?
2-Who would you most like to have in your life to ward off moments of loneliness?
3-When you're in pain, who would you most like to comfort you?
4-When something wonderful happens in your life -- a promotion at work, a successful refinancing -- who do you want to share the news with?

it is a TV show but I think it is really the truth! My husband wasnt my Ideal man or the man of my dreams in many ways but he was the answer to all those and I feell happy now!

 
At 9:40 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

I love Gilmore Girls :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home