Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I am scared...

Shitless! (ok, maybe that is not exactly true, because I can still poop, thank god!)

Today is my campaign Launch. I have no fucking idea what I am doing!

Thursday is my fundraiser. I need to give a "breath taking speech" and also make sure everything goes well for the 70 people who have confirmed their attendence.

God forbid, I am afraid that people will arrive at 8, instead of 7. There will be aline up at the door. We won't know how many we admitted. There wont be enough food. People will get mad. It will be loud and....

I will get $40 from each ticket. This means at least I will make $2,800. Based on my pitch (Sales pitch) I might get more.

How much do I need?
- $1000 already spent (on phone, cards, stationary, map, photocopy, website)
- $2700 I have promised to the owner of the stinky apartment
- $3000 at least for signs, brochures, ect
- an undermined amount for hiring an assistant!

So, you do the math! I think I need about $10,000 and I think I can make $2,800.

That doesn't sound very good to me!

The other day I met with the assistant of the current Member of Parliament (in the area) and she told me how the MP and MPP are supporting another candidate and how other candidates know the history of all development and undevelopment of things and I just need to go to hell!

I am having a nervous breakdown!

Help! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

7 Comments:

At 2:49 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll be fine. you are great and you know that! I wish you the best.(I hope I could be there to help you !)

 
At 8:25 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

Bahar jan, I am here in Stockholm now in Arash (Soleimani) place. We listened to your interview with Radio Farda this morning and were discussing what you were doing. Wish you the best of luck and reckon trying is at least as important as achieving. I'm sure you're doing good my friend [:)].

 
At 10:13 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

What are you doing in Stockholm, man?

Are you giving out my secret weblog! I hope you don't!

 
At 10:13 a.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Arash and his wife are moving to US I heard.

 
At 1:03 p.m., Blogger Jackal said...

no i didn't give away any secrets. we were simply listening to your Radio Farda interview which i got the link from Leili's page.

by the way, i was on a boat in the north sea for a week and got off in denmark, so i thought i could visit my old mate Arash in stockholm, specially since he's off to US and in-accessible for a while... he'll go to chicago in a couple of weeks, but he's still contemplating on the decision to stay there long-ish term... i was trying to convince him not to (not that he's got many more options unfortunately)

 
At 1:26 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

When are you becoming a resident in UK?

Then you can visit Canada without Visa, right?

 
At 4:59 a.m., Blogger Jackal said...

yeah i suppose i can, but it's going to take at least another 3 years [:(]
why won't you (just save some money and) visit europe?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home