Tuesday, January 08, 2008

IKEA

I consider IKEA a symbol of creativity and urbanization. Their items fit into small boxes that you can even carry on public transit (yes, I have done that). The furniture is generally small (unlike honky country furniture) with a modern design perfect for small city apartments. Items usually come from a "furniture system" that are all compatible together: feel free to mix and match or create your own design.

Perhaps putting it all together requires some good common sense and focus, but again, each item is so carefully designed that if assembled properly, will do the job it was intended for.

All that aside, I saw this video and made me laugh, since my own apartment looks like an IKEA showroom:

A New York comedian moved into IKEA while his apartment is fumigated. The store is letting him stay until Saturday



P.s. That reminds me of a dream I had a while back, about sleeping at a big mattress store! Phew! I am glad it was just a dream!

2 Comments:

At 10:06 p.m., Blogger Maryam M said...

Hi Bahar
I am a fan of IKEA too. Their style matchs my taste in furniture, and their prices match my pocket!
We have bought all of our furniture (except for our couch and love seat) from IKEA and We are experts in assembling them!
You should come and see our house. It might look exactly like yours!!

Maryam

 
At 10:09 p.m., Blogger The City Gal said...

Very good :) I should come, and I will!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home