Monday, May 12, 2008

Deja Vu

A sign of getting old is yearning for oldies music.

I was at the local beauty salon for regular maintenance and all of a sudden an Ace of Base song came on the radio! Sherry (my beauty consultant, a.k.a the girl who does my nails and facials) and I started singing it loudly.

Ace of Base, Aqua, Backstreet Boys (and some other bands that I cannot remember off top of my head now) were my teenage bands. They make me feel 15 again.

Check this out:

My Deja Vu by Ace of Base



The Sign by Ace of Base



Once Sherry and I (both 29 years old) got started on old times, we both realized we would like to be 15 again, or 19 or 25.

Oh, boy! What I do not give to be 25 again: broke, with a backpack in Europe!

This whole grown-up thing is not fun! This past weekend, while I was heading to the beauty salon to get my nails and hair done, some woman sold me on a bunch of anti-wrinkle creams!

I have been thinking about how I would like to celebrate my 30th birthday. What could I possibly do to make myself feel good about turning 30?

Ideas? Please? and don't tell me Vegas! (reminds me of Rebecca Eckler's story of how she got knocked up on her 30th birthday/engagement party!)

For Victoria Day long weekend (this weekend) I have booked a hotel room and a spa appointment in Niagara Falls. I am packing my golf clubs, my laptop and my thesis (of course!) in my car, heading to Niagara to enjoy some peace and quiet, relax and celebrate the summer.

1 Comments:

At 6:51 p.m., Blogger Unknown said...

fyi -- I have LOTS of mid/late 30s friends still doing the backpacking thing! (but these days mostly in South America and Asia... more affordable than Europe at the moment).

Some are in between jobs, some just taking extended time off. You're never too old to see the world like this!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home