Friday, September 05, 2008

I am not really back....

It's been a long time since I wrote and I don't have time to write often anymore, but I really needed to say some things!

The election talk on the both side of the border (Canada and US) is driving me nuts, specifically words such as "small town values", "family man", etc...

Values, my ass!

Why does the right wing live in 1700s?

People! Wake up! It is the 21st century. Not everyone has cows in their backyard. Women are not baby-popping beauty queens. Women have choice now. Gays and Lesbians have rights. Peace is valuable in this world. Racism is looked down upon. Guns kill people. First world countries provide their people with health care.

Going to an Ivy League school is not a crime, neither is drinking wine and eating cheese!

But again, maybe it's me! I am an Urban Liberal who is a latte-sipping wine-drinking non-religious elitist! and yes, I stand up for human rights, peace, reproductive choice, gay marriage and the environment. I believe in responsible family planning and don't think one's sole responsibility in this world is reproduction or copulation!

BTW, I might consider joining the Humanist life stance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home